Austin Serb mashed the pedal on his 1994 Mazda RX-7 and wound it up way past 100. It was six days before Christmas, 2012, and he was running late. Serb, then 19, had downed gallons of water and vitamin B-12 tablets to flush out prescription painkillers, cocaine, and whatever else might be lingering in his bloodstream.
His girlfriend sat in the passenger (more…)
When a Hamden man texted his dealer for four 30-milligram oxycodone in March, he may not have known what he was actually buying.
It wasn’t until after the 30-year-old man died that it was discovered those pills were dangerous counterfeits.
An autopsy revealed the victim, not identified by authorities, overdosed on drugs including fentanyl, a powerful synthetic opioid 50 to 100 times stronger (more…)